Sections in this article
- What is eWay Bill? When Should eWay Bill be Generated?
- What are the Documents or Details Required to Generate eWay Bill?
- Transporter IDs of the Carriers
- How to Generate eWay Bills on ewaybill Portal?
- Can I Generate eWay Bill from Shyplite Panel Itself?
eWay Bill is an Electronic Way bill for transportation of goods to be generated on the eWay Bill Portal. A GST registered person needs to generate the eWay Bill via ewaybillgst.gov.in to transport goods in a vehicle whose value exceeds Rs 50,000 (Single Invoice/bill/delivery challan).
When an eWay Bill is generated, a unique Eway Bill Number (EBN) is allocated and is available to the supplier, recipient, and the transporter.
- Invoice/ Bill of Supply/ Challan related to the consignment of goods
- For the transport by road: Transporter ID or Vehicle number
- For the transport by rail, air, or ship: Transporter ID, Transport document number, and date on the document
For generating an eWay Bill, seller needs to have transporter id which is unique id for every carrier. Please find below the transporter id of the carriers:
- Delhivery: 06AAPCS9575E1ZR
- Ecom Express: 07AADCE1344F1Z2
- Xpressbees: 27AAGCB3904P2ZC
- Bluedart: 27AAACB0446L1ZS
- DotZot: 88AAACD8017H1ZX
eWay Bill can be generated on the eWay Bill Portal. All you need is a Portal login and follow the below mentioned steps:
Prerequisites for e-Way Bill Generation There are some pre-requisites for generating an eway bill:
- Registration on the EWB portal
- The Invoice/ Bill/ Challan related to the consignment of goods must be in hand.
- If transport is by road – Transporter ID or the Vehicle number.
If transport is by rail, air, or ship – Transporter ID, Transport document number, and date on the document.
Steps to generate e-Way Bill on the e-Way Bill portal Here is a step by step Guide to Generate EWay Bill (EWB-01) online:
Step 1: Login to eway bill system. Enter the Username, password and Captcha code, Click on ‘Login’
Step 2: Click on ‘Generate new’ under ‘E-waybill’ option appearing on the left-hand side of the dashboard.
Step 3: Enter the following fields on the screen that appears:
(i) Transaction Type:
- Select ‘Outward’ if you are a supplier of consignment
- Select ‘Inward’ if you are a recipient of consignment.
(ii) Sub-type: Select the relevant sub-type applicable to you:
If transaction type selected is Outward, following subtypes appear:
If transaction type selected is Inward, following subtypes appear:
Note: SKD/CKD- Semi knocked down condition/ Complete knocked down condition
(iii) Document type: Select either of Invoice / Bill/ challan/ credit note/ Bill of entry or others if not Listed
(iv) Document No. : Enter the document/invoice number
(v) Document Date: Select the date of Invoice or challan or Document.
Note: The system will not allow the user to enter the future date.
(vi) Enter the To/From section details depending on whether you are a supplier or a recipient.
Note: If the supplier/client is unregistered, then mention ‘URP’ in the field GSTIN, indicating that the supplier/client is an ‘Unregistered Person’.
(vii) Item Details: Add the details of the consignment (HSN code-wise) in this section:
- Product name
- HSN Code
- Value/Taxable value
- Tax rates of CGST and SGST or IGST (in %)
- Tax rate of Cess, if any charged (in %)
Note: On the implementation of Eway bills, Based on the details entered here, corresponding entries can also be auto-populated in the respective GST Return while filing on GST portal.
(viii) Transporter details: The mode of transport(Road/rail/ship/air) and the approximate distance covered (in km) needs to be compulsorily mentioned in this part.
Apart from above, either of the details can be mentioned: Transporter name, transporter ID, transporter Doc. No. & Date.
Vehicle number in which consignment is being transported. Format: AB12AB1234 or AB12A1234 or AB121234 or ABC1234
Note: For products, clients/customers, suppliers, and transporters that are used regularly, first update the ‘My masters’ section also available on the login dashboard and then proceed.
Step 4: Click on ‘Submit’. The system validates data entered and throws up an error if any.
Otherwise, your request is processed and the eway bill in Form EWB-01 form with a unique 12 digit number is generated.
The eway bill generated looks like this:
You can print the eway bill anytime by following the below mentioned steps:
Click on ‘Print EWB’ sub-option under ‘e-Waybill’ option.
Enter the relevant eway bill number -12 digit number and click on ‘Go’
Click on ‘Print’ or ‘detailed print’ button on the EWB that appears:
No, currently Shyplite panel does not support eWay Bill generation.
If you have any questions that are not addressed, please feel free to reach Shyplite Support.